- 6oz red lentils
- 12 fl. oz boiling water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3oz mushrooms
- 3oz courgette (zucchini)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt & pepper
- 1tbsp oil
- 5oz grated cheese
- Handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 medium egg
- Simmer the red lentils in a pan with the boiling water and stock cube. Keep stirring and do not allow it to burn! Once all the liquid is gone, turn off the heat.
- Gently fry the chopped mushrooms, courgette (zucchini), garlic and onion in the oil with a little salt and pepper.
- Mix fried ingredients into the pan of lentils, then mix in the grated cheese, fresh parsley and the egg.
- Pour the mixture into a large square dish or 4 smaller dishes, decorating with sliced tomatoes and/or peppers if desired.
- Cook in the oven on a medium heat for around 30-40 minutes until golden on top.
- Can be eaten hot or cold, you can swap out the vegetables for others if preferred, or bulk out with more!
- Remember you'll get more flavour if you use a mature cheese!
- Great served with a side salad or mixed veg.